AlphaCRM is a platform designed to be the core of your business system. We call it a CRM but in fact it can be used for a range of system types – see Case Studies for ideas.
AlphaCRM can implement whatever business objects (entities) your business processes need – examples might be; staff, clients, orders, jobs, projects, sales, contacts, suppliers, courses, leads, … and any other we’ve not thought of. These entities will contain the data you need for your business – and because we implement it with you there’s no need to remove the fields we though of before you can add your own – we implement what you need and only what you need.
Your business is not just based on data, it’s also based on work flows and data flows. So, when we work together to implement a business solution we implement the flows you need. Whether they be simple like sending an email or SMS to a specific team member or complex like creating multiple entities and tasks then assigning them to various clients and suppliers, we will implement what you need so that your unique business process is implemented in your way – not the way we tell you to do it.
AlphaCRM is designed for both end-user and OEM businesses – that is, we might implement it for you to use in your business, or we might implement it for your client to use in their business, using your branding and your company name rather than ours.
AlphaCRM can not only be branded to suit your requirements, but it can also be embedded within another system in order to seemingly provide additional functionality without significant rework to that ‘host’ system.
Unlike some other popular CRM solutions, AlphaCRM is compatible with all popular browsers – both desktop and mobile – so if your users are predominantly mobile, your system automatically adjusts to the kind of browser and device the user has.
For a full list of typical features your AlphaCRM implementation might have, please see below.
See also Getting Started for more information.
AlphaCRM’s detailed features
AlphaCRM systems are always built to your specification and to implement your business processes and data. This page lists some core features which can be easily implemented into your system. The list is not definitive, and we will always build your system how you want it
- Apache on Windows or Linux
- Optional Plesk and other control panel solution
- IIS on Windows
- Standard text and numerical data types (text, integer, float, bool, date, time, etc.)
- Prices and currencies
- Notes for records
- Uploaded documents and images
- Array fields
- Dictionary fields
- Matrix fields
- XML fields
- In-browser sketches
- PDF documents and web pages generated on the system using data in the system
- Excel .xlsx documents generated on the system using data in the system
- Tasks assigned to users
- HTML pages
- RSS feeds
- Built-in CMS with layout themes for public pages of customer portal applications
- Built-in blog system for public consumption in customer portal applications
- Built-in forms engine with optional captcha for data capture from public pages of customer portal applications
- Built-in Wiki for user-contributed static content
- User name and password
- Cookie-based remembered logon
- User access optionally restricted by IP address
- User access optionally controlled by two-factor code sent by email or SMS
- Server-side events such as OnEdit, OnSave, etc.
- Client-side events such as OnLoad, OnPageLoad, etc.
- Scheduled tasks via OS cron or Windows Scheduler
- On-demand support by external applications and libraries
- State-machine style workflow progress based on entity state and transition
- Generation of PDF document from template and live data for download or storage
- Analysis and modification of uploaded PDF files (e.g. content extraction, keyword generation, property management)
- Generation of DOCX document from template and live data for storage or download
- Generation of XLSX spreadsheet document from live data for download or storage
- Generation of web page from template for immediate viewing
- Standard rich record editing in tabbed editor form
- Quick edit in popup quick view of a record
- In-place editing in a results grid
- Bulk editor grid
- Automated and rule-based price conversion/checking using daily ECB rates
- Visualisation as cards
- Visualisation as bar charts
- Visualisation as time lines
- Email-driven workflows and data management
- Standard CRUD data operations
- User selected columns and view order
- Data lists
- Export as CSV
- Export as XLSX
- Export as DOCX
- Export as PDF
- Export as HTML
- Export as XML
- Export as JSON
- Import from CSV
- Import from XLSX
- Import from DOCX
- Import from PDF (requires additional library purchase)
- Import from HTML
- Printable views
- Saved views
- Standard administrator-defined report designer
- Advanced administrator-defined reports
- Hard-coded reports specified at build-time
- Bar charts
- Pie charts
- Radar charts
- Field-level and record-level access restriction by user role
- Full class-level and record-level API for interaction with offline and other systems
- Companies House registration checking
- VAT registration checking
- Vehicle MOT and details checking
- Export to Sage
- Language selection by user
- Custom style of home-page per user role
- Reports in home page dashboard
- Bar charts and pie charts in home page dashboard
- Managed email templates and SMTP server connections
- Managed SMS templates and text service connections
- Use of APIs such as mapping services, postcode lookup services, commercial information lookup, etc.
- Built-in browser-based VOIP phone calls
- Built-in browser-based instant messaging between users
- Built-in browser-based one-to-one video calling (requires account at our preferred third party)
- Interfaces into AlphaCRM via HTTP protocols to suit the needs of other web and desktop systems
- Custom header and footer or standard header and footer
- Can be embedded into a third-party system
- Can be branded for you or a client
System design features
- Built-in text-based entity configuration tool
- Import of entities from UseCase Whiteboard
- Import of entities from StarUML visual modeling tool.
Don’t forget, this is just an overview of core features, please contact us if you don’t see here something your system might need.